Resume Allen Pitts br>
CBAP, PMP, MCDBA, MCSD:VB.NET, UMLP, ITIL, ServiceNow Sys Admin
Cell: 469 713 4147
Business analyst with successful experience in eliciting, analyzing, and documenting the requirements for
business processes, policies, and information systems. Worked as a liaison among business stakeholders to
understand business problems and opportunities in the context of requirements and recommend solutions that
enable the organization to achieve its goals. Strengths in
- Agile Scrum SDLC
- HTML and DHTML
- ITIL V3
- ADO and ADO.NET
- Visual BAsic 4,5,6,.Net
- JD Edwards One World
- Business Analyst Body of Knowledge (IIBA v2.0)
- Active Server Pages and ASP.NET
- Microsoft Project
- Interdev, Visual Studio 2003, 2005 2008
- ANSI X.12, EDI 823, 824, 997
- XML, XSL
- MS SQL, v. 7, 2000, 2005 stored procs, DTS, SSIS
- UML, use cases, class and activity diagramming
- Microsoft Visio 2010
- Leading three person team, in Agile Scrum environment developed requirements and
requirements communication for a database driven web service to allow marketing team to
change marketing messages on web site. Wrote ASP and XML pseudo code to provide web-
based user interface with marketing authors allowing non-technical authors to publish to the
web using ADO and SQL.
- Developed business, user, functional, and implementation requirements to deliver on time and
under budget an extranet web site for 2200 hospitals in fifty states creating an ecommerce
ordering platform using ten project resources.
- Planned and developed feasibility study, requirements and risk analysis for stored procedures
system and developed local, temporary, and extended stored procedures for authentication,
sendmail, input validation, and business rule enforcement..
- Prepared business case and project scope for knowledge base for 140 analysts on external
help desk in Word and WinHelp. Converted Word/WinHelp knowledge base into HTML.
information from analysts to maintain and refresh the knowledge base. Elicited requirements
using JAD for system enabling Boolean searches by analysts to quickly find information and
- Acquired Microsoft Certified Professional designation, July 2004, MCP ID# 3228077
- Certified Business Analyst Professional
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Certified Unified Modeling Language Professional
- ITIL V3 Certification October 2010
- LHP Hospital Group August 2013 to present Business Analyst
- Requirements gathering, analysis, authentication and validation of demand for IT infrastructure
at six hospitals in four states. Analysis of systems and network procedures and processes using UML and BPMN.
Implementation of Solar Winds. Analysis of maintenance and upgrade of ServiceNow ITSM software.
Developed service catalog, incident management and configuration management database in ServiceNow.
- EXL Landa Feb 2012 to July 2013 Business Analyst
- Elicitation, analysis, documentation, and communication of business requirements for healthcare utilization management software.
Business process requirements gathering on complex systems which facilitate complicated workflows.
Translation of business process requirements into specification for rules, letters, reports, and
custom extensions of the software system to meet the business need.
- Alpha Digital May 2009 to Feb 2012 Business Analyst, Project Manager,
- Southwest Airlines: May 2011 to present, Document and stakeholder analysis. Requirements gathering
to define scope of projects focused on integrating assets annexed in Air Trans acquisition. Scope of work,
project plan, workbreakdown structure. project execution project reporting. project
tollgate (milestones) presentations.
- Bank of America: September 2010 to April 2011, In Agile environment elicited, analyzed, documented
and communicated requirements for implementation and build out of automated billing process for LandSafe
- EMSI (Examination Management Services Inc.): April 2010, to September 2010, Elicited, analyzed,
documented and communicated requirements for design, build out and implementation of software system
to automate resource credentialing system Drafted scope of project, project plan, and work breakdown
structure. Conducted stakeholder analysis and interview. Wrote statement of work for vendor RFQ.
Create model of exiting credentialing process using Visio and UML
- American Heart Association: January 2010 to April 2010, Elicited, analyzed, documented and communicated
requirements for implementation and build outs of SharePoint at American Heart Association. Drafted scope
of project, project plan, and work breakdown structure. Conducted stakeholder analysis and interview.
Planned system taxonomy using use case and business rules analysis. Designed and implemented simple
workflows using SharePoint modules and email notification.
- Trainup.com: October 2009 to January 2010, Implemented Agile SDLC processes for Trainup.com to
complete learning module projects for American Express and MTV Viacom including ticketing system, burn
down charts, scrum sessions, and sprint and product backlogs.
- Hyperbaric Centers of Richardson June 2009- October 2009, Elicited requirements for project to
design and develop web applications for Texas. Developed project plan and implementation coding contractors and
data models for system to allow online appointment scheduling.
- Lehigh Hanson August 2006 to May 2009 Business Analyst
- Created logical data models to define business and project requirements of customer management and pipe
sales quoting system. Gathered, analyzed, and documented, communicated requirements for logical data
modeling in the system including narratives, data flow diagrams and functional decomposition diagrams. Created requirements matrix
and tracked solution validation to requirements matrix. Managed requirements prioritization and requirements change process
- Organized requirements for customer statement, invoice and ticket system with use cases and UML
classes. Developed feasibility analysis and project risk analysis. Wrote a use cases description including
preconditions, post conditions, assumptions, and scenarios. Analyzed stakeholders. Employed use cases to
develop requirements with stakeholders and write pseudo code for system. Developed testing scripts with
- Worked in team to organize requirements for tax payment management system. Conducted formal
stakeholder analysis. Used interview process with key stakeholders to deliver high level business requirements
documentation. Facilitated JAD with broad stakeholder participation. Examined in-house development,
out-sourced development of stand alone and existing ERP systems and COTS (commercial off-the-shelf) system.
- Identified stakeholders and facilitated JAD for Web Time Entry system for 260 plants in US and
Canada. Elicited, analyzed, documented and communicated requirements feeding into deliverables including
but not limited to scope, cost, schedule and risk management for upgrade and maintenance of system.
Developed specifications for upgrade from manual time entry to Kronos clocks
- ppoNEXT October 2003 to August 2006 Business Analyst
- Planned scope, cost, schedule and risk management for upgrade and maintenance
of RoboPrint Windows application in VB 6
- Using SDLC and Microsoft Project planned scope, cost, schedule and risk of four person team
web application development in Visual Studio 2003, ASP.NET, VB.Net and SQL Server 2000
- Project managed the designed and delivery SQL Server ETL system for downloading business citical data
from Oracle using two in-house business analyst and contract consultant
- Wrote queries, stored procedures, upload processes and data transform processes to
maintain and improve SQL Server 2000 data store
- Novation LLC - Web Programmer, Business Analyst, Project Manager; 1998 to Oct 2003
- Managed design, development, and maintenance of Marketplace @ Novation, VPN website
or 2200 hospitals in fifty states
- Managed design, development, and maintenance Novationco.com, Novations public site
- Developed several database driven user interfaces using Active Server Pages (ASP)
- Developed database driven marketing message display using ASP and XML
- Developed dozens of forms for Novation intranet for internal communications with ASP
- CompuCom 1992 -1997
- Knowledge Base Manager 1994 to 1997
- Gathered, organized and maintained knowledge bases for large external help desk.
Knowledge base begun using Word and WinHelp. Converted 6000 Word and WinHelp
documents into HTML in late 1993, early 1994
- Senior Technical Support Specialist 1993 to 1994
Supported system engineers and LAN engineers in Novell Netware and Windows NT
- Technical Support Specialist 1992 to 1993
- Supported salespeople and technicians providing hardware and software to customers
As Knowledge Base Manager and webmaster built and maintained an intranet website
knowledge base of procedural and technical solutions using Front Page and Netscape
- Developed intranet website as Webmaster Manager for 140 plus analysts at Remote
Help Desk. (Remote HelpDesk serves over one hundred different companies.)
- Converted over 6000 documents from MS Word and call tracking software called
Expert Advisor into HTML format using Front Page and Netscape Gold.
5, Active Server Pages, and ISAPI.
- As Technical Support specialist and then as Senior Technical Support Specialist,
provided telephone technical support to 150 technicians on PC hardware
configuration and troubleshooting, LAN/WAN issues. Windows NT and Novell
Netware, GroupWise, and GroupWise Remote.
- University of Dallas, Masters of Business Administration
- University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Architecture
- Control Data Institute, Associate Degree Computer Technology
- ServiceNow System Administration May, 2014
- Facilitation Techniques for Requirements Development, ESI International
- Project Management Institute Regional Provider, 4PM, PMP Exam Prep Course
- Installing, Configuring, and Administering
Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition Aug 16, 2005
- Analyzing Requirements and Defining
Microsoft .NET Solution Architectures Jun 01, 2005
- Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Mar 10, 2005
- Developing XML Web Services and Server
Components with Microsoft Visual Basic
.NET and the Microsoft .NET Framework Dec 07, 2004
- Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Oct 19, 2004
- Designing and Implementing Databases with Microsoft SQL Server 2000
Enterprise Edition Jul 26, 2004
- Professional XML Authoring, Carlton University January 2002
- Mastering Web Application Development Using Microsoft Visual InterDev 6, New Horizons
Learning Center, May 1999
- Visual Basic 1, Richland College 1998
- Visual Basic 2, Richland College 1998
- Visual Basic, Jump Start, Fawcette Technical
- 3COM, LinkBuilder GH - 3COM Lanplex 5000/6000
- DOS/Microcomputer Concepts for Netware Users
- Novell Netware System Manager 3.11 - Novell Netware 3.11Networking Technology
- Novell Netware Advanced System Manager 3.11
- Novell Netware Service and Support
- Vice President, International Institute of Business Analysts
- Board of Directors, Dallas Chapter, International Institute of Business Analysts
- Member, Project Management Institute
- Member, North Texas SQL Server Users Group
- Member, North Texas PC User, Visual Basic Users Group
- Election Judge, Dallas County Precinct 1154, 1992 to 1998
- Block Chairman, American Cancer Society
- Crew Leader, Habitat for Humanity
- Board of Directors, Friends of Fair Park